I faced a similar issue when reassigning partitions to newly added brokers.
Out of 400 partitions, 380 were successfully reassigned & the remaining 20
partitions stuck for more than 3 hours.

I logged into the ZK server and cleaned the path rmr
/kafka.primary/admin/reassign_partitions. Pls make a note of the list of
partitions (get /kafka.primary/admin/reassign_partitions ), I think you
need to manually move those partitions to healthy brokers.

--Senthil