Hi Pushkar,

GlobalKTables and KTables can have whatever data structure you like, if you
provide the appropriate deserializers - for example, an Kafka Streams app I
maintain stores model data (exported to a topic per entity from Postgres
via Kafka Connect's JDBC Source) as a GlobalKTable of Jackson ObjectNode's
keyed by entity id

If you're worried about efficiency, just treat KTables/GlobalKTables as a
HashMap<K, V> to and you're pretty much there. In terms of efficiency,
we're joining model  data to about 7 - 10 TB of transactional data a day,
and on average, run about 5 - 10 instances of our enrichment app with about
2GB max heap.

Kind regards,

Liam "Not a part of the Confluent team, but happy to help" Clarke-Hutchinson