Hello Mohan,

I think what you had in mind works with Redis, since it is a remote state
store engine, it does not have the co-partitioning requirements as local
state stores.

One thing you'd need to tune KS though is that with remote stores, the
processing latency may be larger, and since Kafka Streams process all
records of a single partition in order, synchronously, you may need to tune
the poll interval configs etc to make sure KS would stay in the consumer
group and not trigger unnecessary rebalances.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang