Hello Navneeth,

Could you describe how you ended up with more than one partition
assigned to the same thread after certain rebalance(s)? Do you override any
default config values such as instance.id (for static consumer members),
etc?

Also I'd suggest upgrading to a newer version --- we just released 3.1.0
--- since we've made many improvements / fix bugs around rebalances and
assignment logic since 2.6.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang