Luke,

I would argue that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-13636 is a
critical defect as it can have a very serious impact.

We run on AWS MSK which supports these versions:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/msk/latest/developerguide/supported-kafka-versions.html.
  We are currently on 2.7.2.

I note that MSK does not support any 3.x (maybe they're not ready for the
Zookeeper removal).  So I suspect we're going to need a 2.x if MSK is going to
adopt it any time soon.  I'd be happier with a 2.7.3 incorporating KAFKA-13636
in order to minimise the risk of introducing other issues, or the 2.8.2 if
that's not possible.

What can we do to make this happen ASAP?

Regards, James.

On 29/04/2022, at 14:50, Luke Chen