So I've been looking into the codebase to familiarize myself with it.I'm
operating on the assumption that the connectors in question get stuck in an
inconsistent state which causes them to prune the new task configs from those
which are "broadcast" to the workers.I see on
KafkaConfigBackingStore.putTaskConfigs that if the JavaDoc is to be believed, a
ConnectException is thrown "if the task configurations do not resolve
inconsistencies found in the existing root and task configurations.".Am I right
that there is only one retry on that exception in
DistributedHerder.reconfigureConnectorTasksWithRetry?Could more retry attempts
help avoid the bug?Or once it's inconsistent in the config topic there's no
chance it'll auto-resolve without a resizing?
Thanks!