Hi De Gao,

Usually, we won't compare the performance with even/odd cases.
I think the most important reason we don't recommend using even number of
nodes is the node failure tolerance.

In 1 nodes case, the majority is 1, so we can't lose any node
In 2 nodes case, the majority is 2, so we can't lose any node
In 3 nodes case, the majority is 2, so we can tolerate 1 node failure.
In 4 nodes case, the majority is 3, so we can tolerate 1 node failure.

So, you should be able to see, if you can allow single point of failure,
why use 2 nodes instead of 1?
If you can tolerate 1 node failure, why use 4 nodes instead of 2? and so on.

Thanks.
Luke