Hi,
I wanted to understand more on how a broker recovers from a failure. As far as
I understand, when a broker recovers from a failure, it
1) loads data of all partitions it hosted from the disk (the metadata about the
partitions would exist in zookeeper, right?)2) then syncs with the leader of
all the leader partitions to sync any data that was written during the recovery
period

And along with that it might recover other metadata too. Is this understanding
correct?
If yes, does it make sense to go with a network storage for each broker in a
private/public cloud environment? Because the broker would want to recover most
of the data from the disk rather than over the network.
Any documentation or blogs around this would help.
Thanks,Chirag