We have an existing cluster that is CentOS 7 and we need to migrate to
Ubuntu in the next 8 months. We are unable to build a new cluster and
deploy because of the complexities in clients (producers and consumers). We
would like to either.

1. Replace individual CentOS nodes one at a time (both broker and ZK) with
Ubuntu nodes. Has anyone run mixed OS nodes in a cluster? This would only
be for a short period of time.

2. Just add Ubuntu nodes and migration partitions. Same issue...we would be
running mixed OS nodes at the same time.

The bottom line is can I run (for a short time) a mix of CentOS7 and Ubuntu
nodes in the same cluster (ZK as well)

--
Gene Robichaux
Senior Director, Platform Engineering