Hello. I faced an issue during the Kafka upgrade that I can’t fix so far.

I have the Confluentinc Kafka single test broker deployed onto OCP4. My goal is
to upgrade from the ConfluentInc cp-enterprise-kafka v5.5.1(Kavka v2.3.0-IV1)
to cp-kafka v7.5.1(Kafka v3.5.0).
Upgrading in accordance to
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#upgrade_3_5_0 .

Initial config(Kafka is up and running):
```

confluentinc image:
docker-public-virtual.docker.devstack.vwgroup.com/confluentinc/cp-kafka
confluentinc imageTag: 7.5.1
server property inter.broker.protocol.version: "2.3-IV1"
log.message.format.version: "2.3-IV1"
```
Updated config(error, see below):

```
confluentinc image: same
confluentinc imageTag: same
server property inter.broker.protocol.version: "3.5"
#omitting the log.message.format.version for 3.*
```

Issue: *Exiting Kafka due to fatal exception
org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigException: Invalid value 3.5 for
configuration inter.broker.protocol.version: Version 3.5 is not a valid
version`*

UPD:
Similar error occurs while trying to upgrade to *v6.0.5* first
(pls see the Confluent vs Broker protocol versions vs message format versions
compatibility table from
https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/installation/upgrade.html#steps-for-upgrading-to-version-x-zk-mode):

```
confluentinc image:
docker-public-virtual.docker.devstack.vwgroup.com/confluentinc/cp-kafka
confluentinc imageTag: 6.0.5
server property inter.broker.protocol.version: "2.6"
server property log.message.format.version: "2.6"
```

Issue: *Invalid value 2.6 for configuration inter.broker.protocol.version:
Version 2.6 is not a valid version`*
the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.