Hi

Can someone let me know how a consumer is expected to behave after the
below log? Will the consumer be considered dead and a new instance will be
spawned due to consumer group rebalancing? How is this behaviour with
RangeAssignor and CooperativeStickyAssginer?

consumer poll timeout has expired. This means the time between subsequent
calls to poll() was longer than the configured max.poll.interval.ms, which
typically implies that the poll loop is spending too much time processing
messages. You can address this either by increasing max.poll.interval.ms or
by reducing the maximum size of batches returned in poll() with
max.poll.records.

For example, let's say I have two instances of a consumer running on two
different machines. Both instances of the consumer belong to the same
consumer-group and consume from the same topic with 10 partitions. In this
case, what is expected when I see the above logs in both the consumers for
RangeAssignor and CooperativeStickyAssginer

I know what the above log means but want to understand how the consumer
behaves after this log.

Thanks