" I couldn't find any doc by kafka to enable Digest-MD5 authentication."
This was the 2nd result in a google search:
https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/security/zk-security.html

" I don't want to enable SASL."
Digest-MD5 is SASL authentication, so not sure what you mean here.

" If I set zookeeper.set.acl=true, I'm forced to configure TLS."
Hmm, that config shouldn't have anything to do with TLS. You can set ACL's
with or without TLS encryption.  Were you getting an error?