Hello,

I have a requirement where I need to detect failed tasks based on the
specific errors and emit a metric only when it doesn't fail based on these
specific errors (these include unknown_topic_or_partition, specific cases
of ConfigException etc)

I know about a similar metric accessible via Prometheus but that gives me
count of failed task count for any reason.

I was thinking that wrapping the poll method of the task in try catch block
would be sufficient where i detect for error details in the catch block and
emit metric when they don't match the ones i don't want the metric for)

but I am unsure if this captures all possible scenarios for which a task
might fail.

is it guaranteed that all the exceptions/error for which a task might fail
gets emitted via the poll method?