Hi Franck,

Thank you for contributing to Apache Kafka!

1. Git is generally permissive of this, as long as there are no merge
conflicts. If you have merge conflicts with `trunk`, you will need to
resolve them before a committer can merge your changes, so rebasing on
trunk before opening the PR is a good idea :)

2.
Are you on an M1 mac, with a recent (>11) JDK? I've been experiencing
some consistent failures recently [1] and haven't figured it out yet.
You may also be getting a flaky failure: a test which is
nondeterministic and sometimes fails. We are constantly trying to burn
down the list of flaky tests [2], but there are still some around.
As far as how this impacts the PR: You should find and resolve all of
the deterministic failures that you introduce in the PR, and do your
best to check whether you introduced any flakiness. You can look for
tickets mentioning those failures, or ask a committer for more
information.

Hope this helps,
Greg Harris

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-16701