You could use some "log watcher" like swatch.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gildas PERROT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:04 PM
Subject: How to monitor MO services ?

Hi,

I would like to monitor MO services and to do that I wanted to use keepalive
MO packets sent every 5 minutes by my SMSC provider in order to maintain the
EMI2 connexion with us. In order to do that, I have a sms-service associated
to those SMS which writes in a file and I have just to check every 5 minutes
if that file has been updated in the last 5 minutes which means that I
receive the keepalive MO in the last 5 minutes.
The problem is that when a real MO (not a keepalive one) is sent by my SMSC,
the next keepalive MO is sent 5 minutes after and so the monitoring doesn't
work correctly that way. My SMSC provider says he will not change that
behaviour since it is the one used with operators.
I thought also to scan one logfile (bearerbox.log, smsbox.log or
kannel.access) but I refused to use it since it is certainly very wasteful
in terms of ressources since the logs are quite big.

Any other idea for monitoring ?

Gildas.
---
Gildas PERROT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fluxus, 30 rue du Château des Rentiers,          __o
75647 Paris Cedex 13  http://www.fluxus.net ---_`\<,_
Fluxus est une société BT Ignite.       ----- (_)/ (_)