I've heard of a solution where you add a couple of extra digits to the
end of the "from" phone number. The mobile phone uses this extra long
phone number as the "to" number when you reply to the SMS and the
operators' network and the SMSC just ignore the extra digits. Your
application can encode an id (like a magic cookie) in these extra digits
that can be used to identify an reply.

Has anyone else heard about this solution? Supposedly it does at least
work with Nokia SMSC.

/Patrik