I don't know about 300/sec but I once introduced a little bug in my code and
my message was sent repeatedly :). I've hit my smsc account limit of 50/sec
without
any problem. Except that the guys didn't liked it very much .... :)

And some days ago, there were another bug (not mine this time) and my kannel
was
hited by 23k messages to the same number in http interface in a period of
three hours.
Fortunatly the  smsc blocked the number and only 165 messages were sent to
him, but
even then kannel behaved correctly and send/received every other message
from smsc
or from other http interfaces.

Kannel has a persistant storage (store.lock) that worked ok to me too. There
might be
a limit of 100 messages to each emi connection because TRN in emi is only
two digits
and that way, kannel (and any other software) can only be waiting for a
maximum of
100 ack's at any time.

If you try it, tell us the experience, please.

--
Bruno David Rodrigues