Thanks for the comment,  Jacob.

[[
Yes, I've also experienced this.
It only happens when using AT2.
I just execute the start-stop-daemon three times and it stops.

Jacob Vennervald
]]

In our case, we don't use AT2, only emi2.

And yes, running start-stop-daemon many times (with "stop") seems
to work, but I hope there's a more automated way to do it.

Anyone else?  Is this a known bug?  Anyone working on it?

Steve