The coded characters in the URL you sent do not look like arabic
characters - they looks like mostly english with a few characters that I
do not recognize. I suggest you read up your unicode tables again.
alternative will be to code your URL using utf-8 and then set
charset=utf-8 in the URL, which will tell kannel to recode the message
from UTF-8 to unicode used on the GSM network.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise Inc.

::..
* Formal specifications yield correct programs.
No.  Formal specifications yield PhD theses.  They may also occasionally
yield programs as by-products, but no useful ones.
        -- Ronald F. Guilmette