The userguide has plenty of information about it, but generally an sms-service setup
involves a web script which is called by Kannel (using the sms-service configuration),
process the input of the user and returns (prints) the required output, which Kannel
then delivers back to the user's mobile.
If you are programming in Java, then a JSP server will do you good - write your
program as a JSP page or Java servlet and configure Kannel to call the URL for that
page/servlet.

A more complicated method might involve a simple web script (called from Kannel's
sms-service) which simply queues the incoming message to some sort of database, and
then does not return an answer. another daemon process, written in Java or anything
else, will fetch the messages from the queue, process them and generate a sendsms call
to Kannel to deliver the message back to the mobile originator.

The first scenario is recomended in all but the most complicated and high load
situations.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise Mobile Solutions

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: +972-67-340014
Tel: +972-9-9581711 (ext: 116)

::..
What the American Public doesn't know, is exactly what makes them the American Public.
        -- Dan Akroyd in 'Tommy Boy'