On Tuesday 18 June 2002 14:40, Oded Arbel wrote:
> SMPP v3.4 support many character set delivery types but SMPP v3.3 doesn't,
> and the way the SMPP driver in kannel is written, it supports only the v3.3
> style of character coding which limits us to GSM 03.38 (7bit), iso-8859-1
> (8bit) or UCS-2 (unicode). Changing the SMPP implementation to support the
> v3.4 supported charsets is on my todo list, but it wouldn't help any as
> Kannel does not currently have an infrastructure to support arbitary
> chracter sets (or just anything besides the 3 coding styles).
>
> Currently to send anything other the ISO-8859-1 on SMPP you need to either
> deliver everything in unicode (UCS-2) or to hack the driver to support your
> specific charset.

In 1.1.4 you could put

pdu->u.submit_sm.data_coding = 0xf5;

in smsc_smpp.c

I am no C guru, but I tried putting this in the version from the latest
snapshot (which has changed a bit..). It does'nt seem to work, as I get no
messages through.

Any ideas on where I should hardcode the driver to use 0xf5 as the coding?

Regards,

Arne
--
Arne K. Haaje   | T: 69 92 04 90