From: Oded Arbel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: quarta-feira, 10 de julho de 2002 15:17
To: Aarno Syvänen
Cc: Otgo; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: symbol @ problem

Aarno Syvänen wrote:

> Otgo kirjoittaa keskiviikkona, 3. heinäkuuta 2002, kello 04:10:I am
> going to use kannel with Comverse iSMSC connecting via its SMPP EI. I
>
>> am testing it to decide to use or to don't use. It works OK. I can send
>> short messages and also I could send some binanry messages. But when
>> I send
>> message to the mobile from kannel using http push way then message is
>> truncated by symbol @. If I see smsbox.log it looks OK. symbol @ is
>> in. In
>> bearerbox log also it doesn't give any error but there is no message
>> body so
>> I don't know about content from bearerbox log file. But when I see iSMSC
>> debug file the symbol @ is changed to symbol 0x00 however it is not
>> actually
>> truncated. There are remaining part of message is in the message body
>> following the 0x00 symbol.
>

> This is because in GSM character set @ is 0x00. So SMPP driver uses c
> strings
> after GSM conversion. Fix would be to use octstrs instead. I cannot do
> this myself,
> however, because I do not have a connection to an EMI center.
>
> Aarno

This is not a problem with the Kannel drivers, but a problem with the
SMSC itself. we encountered same problem with SMPP connection to
BTCellnet - the SMPP driver sends the message OK, but the SMSC itself
truncates the message. this is usually due to faulty encoding handling
in the SMSC (although the Kannel SMPP driver uses the SMPPv3.3 coding
format and not the SMPPv3.4 coding format - which is diffrent - but as
the v3.4 is backwards compatible it shouln't be a problem).

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions