Hi. this is a question for the users list (forwarded) but I will try to answer your questions too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rumsfeld Donald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Hi all,

I'm new for the list. I've just download the source code of GW and reading.

I've got some question concerning to routing technics:

Suppose that I connect KN to some SMSCs in the same time, and send SM to SMSC though sendsms technics,

1. For concatenated SM, whether that some parts of the message would be sent via others SMSC ? (the router automaticly choice the best route to SMSC while sending SM).

That depends on your routing rules. usually we force Kannel to use a static routing, that is : messages that are going to delivered to a certain network will be delivered to the same SMSC. this works quite nicely as long as you have a connection to only one SMSC per network and you always route directly to the target network when possible - this configuration is the most common. in that case - all message parts will be delivered to the same SMSC. if not, then still you should not have any problem as the receiving MS should ignore the SMSC id when composing multi-part messages.

2. In case of connecting KN to some SMSCs those belong to other GSM networks, is the router have ablility to route the SM to SMSC of destination network correctly ? If it's not, I think that the SM could not to send to the mobile.

That depends on your configuration. you can configure Kannel to route to a connection based on MSISDN prefixes, or you can use the application to instruct Kannel as to the correct routing.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
Bad command or file name.  Go stand in the corner.