Dir Sir,
I am a student working on wireless gateways, since
kannel wap gateway is open source, I am trying to use
it to emulate an access to wap sites.
So, I downloaded the source code, I tried to compile
it with libxml-2.2.8, I effectively did:
cd gateway-1.2.0
./configure
make
make install

Then, I tried to test an access to a wap site via
it, and test benchmarks included with the
distribution.

after running bearerbox and wapbox:
cd gw
./bearerbox /etc/kannel.conf &
./wapbox /etc/kannel.conf &

I find that fakewap is interesting and I used it like
this:
cd test
./fakewap -v -g"127.0.0.1" -p9201 -m50 -i0.25
http://wap.yahoo.com.br

I got this reply:
PANIC,

1- Any one can tell me please if I should modify
anything in kannel.conf??
I use eth0 interface to connect to the Internet, does
this matter and should I configure ppp to access the
Web??

(I am using RedHat 7.3 and I think it is easy to
configure ppp, but is this a necessity??).

2- I am also interested in benchmarks for optimization
purpose but I didn't understand how should I run
them..Running them in command line did not give me
precise idea..
CAn anyone help me learn more about them??

Thanks a lot for your help.
Diana Lopez.