i think you missed a part of my question:
"... but there are some cases where i want my sms application to have a sender of smsc_access_code+some_digits ..."

if i set sender-prefix to 'never', the appended numbers done by my sms application will be deleted by kannel before sending it to SMSC.

pls help, thanks

Arne K. Haaje wrote:
alviN wrote:

the smsc of the telco my kannel is connected to, is using CIMD and each message sent to it will have extra numbers appended on the sender number of the reply message. what should i do to get rid of the extra numbers? i can do it by setting global-sender="" but there are some cases where i want my sms application to have a sender of smsc_access_code+some_digits. and this will fail because global-sender is set to null. is there any way i could fix this?

alviN

Here is what the users guide has to say about this;

sender-prefix string The number that the SMSC will add in front of the sender number of all messages sent from Kannel. If Kannel is asked to send a message, it will remove this prefix from the sender number so that the SMSC will add it again. If the prefix was not present, Kannel will log a warning and will not send the sender number. If sender-prefix is not set, or is set to "never", then Kannel will not send the sender number to the SMSC at all. If you want Kannel to pass all sender numbers to the SMSC unchanged, then just set sender-prefix to the empty string "".

Regards,

Arne