On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:11:27 +0100
Gustav Tresselt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  >>After an incoming SMS, and after a service has been
>  >>performed, how does smsbox/kannel choose which SMSC
>  >>the reply will be sent by? [..]
>  >
>  >Hi,
>  >
>  >I configured 6 smsc's and to control routing I used the parameter
>  >'allowed-smsc-id' within the smsc-group and 'accepted-smsc' within the sms-service
>  >group. When an sms is reveived, the sms-service calls an url which can set the
>  >smsc through the X-Kannel-Headers, if required and control routing. See kannel
> documentation (v 1.2.1) pages 47ff, and 75ff. I can provide you
>  >my configuration as an example, if you wish.
>

> Thanks a lot to everyone for swift replies!
>
> This was very helpful.
> I actually do need some routing after message receipt,
> so as I understand correctly I:
>

> * set "accept-x-kannel-headers" to true for the service.
> * from the exec or get-url I return output in
>    this x-kannel format, which allows me to specify SMSC.
>

> I am a bit unsure on this X-Kannel-format though. There's
> a header spec in the doc - but that includes username/pass (!).
>
> Do you/anyone have a sample X-Kannel return message?

I use 3 smsc's and to control routing use the 'denied-smsc-id' in the smsc-group and
'accepted-smsc' parameter in the sms-service
In my case response messages are routed for each SMSC without  X-Kannel-SMSC
parameter properly.
But so ok with X-Kannel-SMSC parameter too.

--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.