From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Navjot Singh
Sent: woensdag 5 november 2003 10:53
To: Chin Kok Joon; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: sms-service example

- -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Chin Kok Joon
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 1:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: sms-service example

Hi,

I did some testing and hope that some gurus could lend me a hand and rectify
or correct me. The scenario is like this

I have configure the kannel.conf file with the snippet as follow

Group = smsbox
Sendsms-port = 13013
Bearerbox-host = localhost
Global-sender = 13013
Log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
Log-level = 2

group = sendsms-user
username = test
password = test123

group = sms-service
keyword = HELLO
get-url="http://localhost/test/save_msg.php?to=%P&text=%S

.
.
.

after configure the kannel.conf I run it (bearerbox and later the smsbox it
runs as it suppose to with no error insight). Then based on the
documentation, I use my browser to run the url which is as below

http://localhost:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?to=123456&text=HELLO+toyou

and got a reply sent.

<navjot>
But that does not mean that the message is actually SENT. It is being
digested by Kannel. That's it.
123456 doesn't seem to be a valid number in any case ;-) So SM is never
reched anywhere.

</navjot>

My question is based on the configuration set (the last line in the kannel
config snippet, get-url above) why is it not running my php script?

<navjot>
because there is no INCOMING SMS on the phone/modem (if configured?)
attached with kannel.
</navjot>

My php script is as follow

<?php
        if(isset($to)) {
                echo "the variable '\$to' is set to " . $to;
                $fp = fopen("result.php", "a+") or die("cannot open/write");
                fwrite($fp, $to . " - ". $text . "\n");
                fclose($fp);
        }//end if

?>