Chimit provides an SMPP Server/Gateway that interacts with Kannel.
The scenario will be:

[kannel] <-> [Chimit SMPP Gatway] <-> your client connections.

Request to all Kannel users: Currently we are looking for sponsors that
want to help (financially) to make a real Open Source Kannel SMPP Box
possible.

Cheers,

Rene Kluwen
Chimit