From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Sriram
Sent: zaterdag 18 februari 2006 13:19
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: few queries

Hello All

my setup : stable kannel 1.4.0 on SMPP 3.4 on FC 1.

working fine and am able to send sms via HTTP interface. I wrote a program in visual basic that fires the http command to various mobile numbers picking the numbers from the database. These http commands (send-sms URL i.e) are sent to the kannel box. Till there were around 200 numbers in the database ..the kannel was perfectly sending sms'es to all of them by getting the http comand from the VB front end , no probs at all .now as the list is growing (its 350 mobile numbers) ..the smsbox breaks in between...giving following error " segmentation fault , trying to destroy locked mutex". the bearerbox also breaks. I then have to go thru logs and empty the database till the point the smsbox broke. This is now getting a habit with it.

my queries :
1. Is the web server thats included with kannel miniature in level that can handle 200 requests or so in few seconds ? Can i use apache in any way to increase or shd i live with this ?

2.  Or is there any kind wherein i can to limit the number of http hits to the kannel for few seconds ?

FYI this is the URL i use , when i run this program from VB it reads teh database and fills in the field and fires this to the kannel machine:

URL = ""http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=XXX&password=XXX&to=">http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=XXX&password=XXX&to=" & Trim(Str(rs("mobile"))) & "&text=Hi"

Thanks in advance

Sriram