Hi Rodrigo,

Yes effectively, I am going to be developing the content server too.  It should listen and service requests forwarded by Kannel.  Please note the following post in forums.java.sun.com .  That is exactly what I am trying to do.  If you have any insight on the "BOLD", I would like to hear.

bgoyanna
Posts:4
Registered: 3/17/02
Re: J2ME SMS sending
Mar 18, 2004 10:56 PM (reply 1 of 52)

Hi James,
you cannot send a SMS directly to a web page. When you send a SMS this message goes to a SMS-C (Short Message Service Centre) then you need an TCP/IP application that usually talks UCP or SMPP protocol to receive the message. You can use one famous gateway called kannel http://www.kannel.org to connect to a SMSC and receive the message. So this gateway will get the SMS that you send and then you can configure it to forward to a URL.
Thanks,

Mustafa