Purchased a new power pack for the UltraLite, I read that power supplies dipping below spec can cause the serial port to lock up.

http://www.gsm-modem.de/gsm-faq.html

Johno Crawford wrote:
Hi Marc,

Are you running a keepalive command?

Marc Wan wrote:

we've noticed the same thing with a Siemens GSM modem (serial). Every few weeks, we have to restart Kannel. No idea why. Ubuntu 6.10.