I forgot to mention that I use kannel version 1.4.1

Thanks

Tomer

________________________________

From: Tomer Ben David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:24 AM
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Message Queue Full causes sms to be sent to smsc repeatedly
manytimes a second

Hi,

I'm having a problem very similar to
http://bugs.kannel.org/view.php?id=352

The problem that I'm having is:

1.      I send an sms to a specific number like this:
/cgi-bin/sendsms?user=myuser&password=mypassword&to=%2BSomeMobileNumber&
text=HereIsALongText&coding=2&charset=utf-8&from=647463
2.      As a result Kannel resends an sms repeatedly many times a second
to that phone number overwhelming the smsc

I see in kannel logs for each sms that is being sent for this user the
following message: ERROR: SMPP[xx]: SMSC returned error code 0x00000014
(Message Queue Full) in response to submit_sm.

The problem happens only when I send sms to this specific number, with
other phone numbers its ok; the smsc guys want to disconnect me because
they say I'm sending too many sms to the smsc a second - too many sms
sent to smsc.  Note that previously the system have sent sms with long
text so they were split, to that number (the system converts email to
sms to it sent many emails as sms to that phone number).  I suspect that
maybe that mobile phone is turned off (I don't know for sure whether
that's true since I don't have control over this mobile phone its not in
my control) so the SMSC queue is probably as message says full of
messages that might have not been received by mobile phone.

I have tried using:

sms-resend-freq = 120

sms-resend-retry = 5

However these parameters didn't affect anything, the sms was still
resent many times a second (and many times, was not limited to 5) and I
had to restart the kannel to overcome this.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Is there a workaround to this problem? (My system is in production)

If this is a bug, when is it planned to be fixed?

Thanks

Tomer

computer viruses.