[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

Is there any SMPP parameter that will prevent SMSc from trying to
resend SMS (MT's) when there is no ack from handset?

Carriers SMSc is playing up and resending SMS assuming that they
haven't been delivered, therefore if we can force a parameter maybe we
help the SMSc not to resend.

?? the inquiry isn't clear to me.

bearerbox sends submit_sm PDUs towards an SMPP SMSC. If the SMSC fails to ack the PDU via submit_sm_resp PDU, bearerbox has to assume that the MT is not accepted/delivered, hence bearerbox will retry.

Is this what you mean?

BTW, there is no way to "accept silently" a non-acked submit_sm PDU, since the SMPP spec is strict about confirmations with response PDUs. We can't "think" it's ok that we passed PDU to SMSC if we don't get any response. There must be a reason why we don't get a response PDU, and that reason is either technical issue on the underlying communication layer or a broken SMPP server.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org