Yes, they need to follow steps, they do not care to understand.
ppl are lazy to read, and even they tend to ignore our explanations.
most of them want just to copy paste several magical lines of code in a view to
start everything they want :)

OR
someone from advanced users or group of users to create kannel
installer/configurator
:)
id give it a try for slackware package including startup scripts, and some bash
scripts installing the dlr database and dlr table
in fact, i will start this in a week, as my course in Spanish has been
postponed ... :(

about the cigwin, as i really sux at windows, we would been someone with
extensive experience in.

me shrugs

i saw in the years several attempts of aggregating kannel knowledge.
as far as i know this list and the nabble one are the best help resource
for those willing to read ... and think :p