Yes, I'm afraid you need to at least compile Kannel with MySQL support to be
able to use SQLBox. Despite being a "standalone" module, it uses the defines
from the main tree, so if HAVE_MYSQL is not defined, you won't get far.
You should upgrade automake to a newer version, that'll probably help.
Afaik, latest XCode uses version 1.10.

Regards,

Alex

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Jason Higbee <ja...@covalentglobal.org>wrote:

> [...]
> DLR reports. It wasn't that I could get this to work, it was just that I
> wasn't interested in DLR so I didn't use it.
>
> Here is the error message for the "./boostrap"
> $ ./bootstrap
> + set -e
> + amvers=no
> + automake-1.10 --version
> + automake-1.9 --version
> + automake-1.8 --version
> + automake-1.7 --version
> + automake-1.6 --version
> + amvers=-1.6
> + test -1.6 = no
> + libtoolize=no
> + glibtoolize --version
> + libtoolize=glibtoolize
> + test glibtoolize = no
> + set +x
> + test '!' -d autotools
> + glibtoolize --copy --force
> /usr/bin/glibtoolize: line 1: cd: /usr/share/libtool: No such file or
> directory
> glibtoolize: cannot list files in `/usr/share/libtool'
>
> _____
>

> It appears I don't have libtool. Now that I ran this I'm noticing that this
> error might be different from what I was doing before and required me to
> install autotools. It might be as simple as now installing libtool via
> Darwin ports. Not exactly sure.
>
> Anyway Thanks again.
>

> Alejandro Guerrieri wrote:
>
> For the record, I'm not the author. I've contributed code and documentation
> to the project and I'm currently the code maintainer.
>  Check the AUTHORS file on the source tree for the complete "cast" ;)
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Alejandro
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Nikos Balkanas <nbalka...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear Jason,
>>
>> It is very satisfying to hear stories from the field. In your case,
>> especially, since its use is so much aligned to its purpose. I imagine that
>> the original creators and the long time contributors, would feel very
>> content with your message.
>>
>> FYI Alejandro G, is the author of sqlbox.
>>
>> A couple of additions to your setup:
>>
>> Use "modemtype = siemens_mc75". This will both shorten startup, and
>> guarantee that you will always get the said modem.
>>
>> The "&" in Unix (MacOS is a freeBSD clone - I believe) means to throw the
>> process in the background. Commands to administer process state are:
>>
>> "fg" - bring background process to foreground
>> "^z" (suspend) followed by "bg" - throw foreground process to background
>>
>> Background is not the same as daemon. Daemon suppresses output to stdout
>> (logs are still updating). It is best to run as daemon. I suspect that it
>> works fine, except that you missunderstood it. Try the following:
>>
>> kill all kannel processes.
>>
>> bearerbox -d -P <confifile>
>> pgrep -fl bearerbox (or ps -elf | grep bearerbox)
>> tail -f <bearerbox.log>
>>
>> You should see 2 bearerbox processes, and logs should be updated normally.

>>> smsc = at
>>> smsc-id = falcom
>>> modemtype = auto
>>> device = /dev/tty.usbmodem1B11