Regards,
Srikanth J
+1 781 472 9022 (Cell)

-----Original Message-----
From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf Of
Stipe Tolj
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 8:47 AM
Cc: users@kannel.org
Subject: Re: Kannel HTTP locking up

Am 21.02.2011 13:58, schrieb Richard Crawshaw:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a problem that looks like Kannel's SMS box HTTP listener is
> locking up.
>
> I've been running some load tests on Kannel, sending out 30K messages over a
> short space of time.
>
> I am running Kannel version 1.5.0 under Windows using Cygwin.  I have no
> problem
> if it is running on my Windows 7 laptop, 32 bit 2.68G RAM, 2.53GHz.  However,
> when it is running on one of our servers it locks up after about 24K messages.
> The server is Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition SP2, 2GHz with 8G
> RAM.
>
> The only difference between the two is the Kannel configuration file which
> points the log files to different places in the file system.  Both instances
> of
> Kannel were compiled from the same source code on the target machines using
> the
> latest version of Cygwin.
>
> The server isn't under a heavy load.  It is also running IIS.
>
> After Kannel locks up there are no further entries added to its log files and
> from what I've found the only solution is to stop and restart it.  There
> doesn't
> appear to be anything additional logged from the server that isn't logged from
> my laptop.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this before?  Any clues to what may be the
> cause or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I can post logs and config file if needed.

Cygin's pthreads, which Kannel uses heavily is NOT(!) stable. That's the simple
reason. This is BTW also the reason why Cygwin never packaged the mysql server.
So, there is NO way to use Kannel on Cygwin for real production use.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended
Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to
delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this
message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express
intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to
prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any
Read Disclaimer at http://www.sasken.com/extras/mail_disclaimer.html