Am 24.11.2011 05:34, schrieb Milan P. Stanic:
On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 15:59, Willy Mularto wrote:
Hi,
We just received new API from our telco. And it said all MO, MT, DLR will use
HTTP SOAP.

Is that a trend with telco's now? I received the same few months ago.

yes, sort of a un-efficient idea that is spreading.

Since basically SOAP is an XML request. Is it possible if we treat it as
standard HTTP POST and only need to parse the XML structure? Thanks.

Yes, of course. I do that for some SOAP services (not related to
Kannel).
I usually strip namespace and other useless tags (envelope, and what
not) and I have simple XML, which can be then processed with XML tools
(library functions).
Also, I create SOAP requests with simple printf (or alike) functions and
send it as HTTP POST.

<rant>
I don't understand why so many service providers uses SOAP which is
bloated.
While SOAP itself seems, for the moment, to be patent unencumbered,
WSDL, UDDI, various security add-ons, and possibly alternate transport
mechanisms are all looking questionable.
</rant>

If you need the SOAP/XML API of your MNO to be implemented very robust into Kannel, I have past a patch (that is yet to be committed to SVN trunk mainline) that supports GSMA's OneAPI, as a "framework" for other SOAP based APIs.

The patch is available in the mailing list archive at URL:

http://www.kannel.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/004339.html

It requires you though some minor skills in C to wrap this code as "base framework" and adopt to an own version of the MNO's API.

BTW, I never had a consideration to "abstract" this SOAP/XML stuff in Kannel, since we don't want to drive the motor that support SOAP in the telco messaging fields.

Best Regards,
Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org