There are two ways to solve your problem:

1) Use smsbox to push messages to kannel, i.e. call the url:
http://localhost:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?user=user&password=password&to=...&from=...&text=message&dlr-url=http%2F//.../dlr.aspx&dlr-mask=31

When kannel gets a DLR from your smsc it will run script specified in
dlr-url field. Dlr-mask 31 means you need to get ALL type of reports, if
you don't need some of the reports you need to check userguide. So you have
updated status in your database. Also you need to pass each time unique
identifier to the url, so correct message will be updated.

2) Second way is to modify source of sqlbox / kannel to get such updates
automatically in sent_sms table (i.e. add additional field status and
update this field for 'MT' messages).

About overhead you might need to tweak your MySQL configuration as well,
add more RAM to your server.

I strongly suggest using InnoDB instead of MyISAM because it's more faulty
proof.

2012/5/2 Rene Kluwen <rene.klu...@chimit.nl>

> Sqlbox won’t call your dlr.aspx, as smsbox would.****
>
> It just stores the dlr messages in the sent_sms table.****
>
> ** **
>
> And yes, if you specify dlr-storage = mysql then each message that you
> send (and the dlr’s that you receive) means an extra sql statement. Which
> will decrease your throughput significantly.****
>
> ** **
>
> == Rene****
>
> ** **