This this is a Kannel bug.

From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of David Szanto
Sent: vrijdag 8 februari 2013 8:22
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Re: AW: SOLVED Multiple SMSC connections to the same SMSC Instace
DLR inconsistency

Hi everyone!
First off, thanks for all the helpful comments regarding this issue.
In the end, the problem was the SMSC.  We where using an SMSC Simulator to
carry out the functional and load test.  Que delay time for the transition
of each message state was set to "0".  Due to this, Bearerbox would get
final state messages (like "DELIVRD") before even creating the ACCEPTED
notification.
So, it would actually not have a message registered for the DLR it was
getting from the SMSC.

After setting the Delay time to anything > 0, DLR worked like a charm!

Still, we learned a lot about how kannel sets IDs for messages and matches
them to the corresponding DLRs thanks to all your comments!

Thanks a lot people!!

David Szanto