Thanks for the valuable guidance Rene. I'll give it a shot and afterwards
will look into that memory leak issue.

One quick question, above this code the dlr_url is separated by splitting
it and picking the first part. Here is the code :

parts = octstr_split(msg->sms.dlr_url, octstr_imm("vmsgid="));
msgid = gwlist_extract_first(parts);

However, now according to my scenario, I need to extract the last item in
the list. I tried this:

parts = octstr_split(msg->sms.dlr_url, octstr_imm("vmsgid="));
msgid = gwlist_extract_last(parts);

But it throws error: undefined reference to `gwlist_extract_last'

Would you happen to know how can I do that, it s a very simple task. Sorry
if the question is too stupid :( I'm no C programmer.