Thank you Kyriacos,

I have many cases with free text which is completely mis-translated, I can
send you another case.

meanwhile, what I thought of, is returning that hex to my Java application,
and do the rest of the translation Java side, do you know how can I achieve
that?

as you can see in the following screenshot, using a Java library called
smslib (attached) , I could translate "3118" to "10" , and so was any other
free text I capture their PDU from kannel logs.

appreciate your support.
​

--
Regards