On Wednesday 24 June 2020 at 14:40:58, nashwan Al-Mawri wrote:

> I checked the kannel log , and i found out ,the  blank sms text on the log
> is ????????? as you can see on the log below , please note that the
> outgoing SMS  is unicode characters and it works fine , any suggestions ,
> do i have to do any formatting  for the incoming sms ,,

Sorry, I don't understand.  What you have posted is a perfectly plain ASCII
message, which reads "id:100001200301200624091626130061 submit date:2006241204
done date:2006241204 stat:DELIVRD err:000 text:????? ????"

As far as I can tell, that is precisely what the sender is sending you.  It's
some sort of delivery comfirmation for a message sent at (20)20-06-24 12:04
with ID 100001200301200624091626130061, and I would expect the text at the end
has been replaced with "????? ????" for security reasons.

I'm still of the opinion that you have to get the sender to tell you precisely
what they think they have sent (in a similar level of detail to these log
files) in order to be sure whether there is anything wrong with your setup.

Let me ask a couple of other questions:

1. If you send someone a text message through your Kannel system, they receive
it, and then reply back to it *quoting your original message* as well as
anything else they want to say, do you get the text of the original message
back?

2. For a message sent by someone else (from a standard phone), do you receive
the text of what they send accurately?

I'm just trying to distinguish what I would call "normal messages" from the
delivery report you've given as an example.

Antony.

--
Roses are red,
Bacon is too,