Am 14.07.21, 20:01, schrieb Antony Stone:
On Wednesday 14 July 2021 at 18:25:16, Francisco wrote:

We've been using a version of Kannel that one of the core kannel
developers / supports spun up for us.

We'd like to set up a test server (test changes / updates), but, get the
following license panic which prevents smppbox from loading.

2021-07-14 11:45:22.693 [13212] [0] PANIC: *** Local license information
in '/opt/kannel/etc/license.d/smppbox.licenseV1' is invalid! Please
check 'username' and 'password' values in group license! ***

I have never come across the concept of a kannel licence, in terms of being
allowed to use it.

The software is Open Source under the BSD licence.

I suggest you get back to whomever supplied this version of the software to
you and ask what this means, because it doesn't fit with my understanding of
the BSD licence which kannel is published under.

for clarification: the license file Francisco is talking about is from our commercial add-on components (Kannel SMPP v5.0 server smppbox), which isn't part of the open source distribution.

Stipe

--
Best Regards,
Stipe Tolj

Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Kannel Foundation                 tolj.org system architecture
http://www.kannel.org/            http://www.tolj.org/

st...@kannel.org                  s...@tolj.org