Michael,

Main functionality of the HISv service is to

1. Receives the hpi events by opening session with underlying HPI daemon
2. provides mechanism to reset the blades.

You can check the HISv log to see whether all the FRUs are detected.
Also give
Administrative triggers like removing a blade (if you have other blades
in the system).
When a hot-swap event is triggered then Hisv publishes this event to all
the subscribers.
You can check this information in Hisv and AVM logging.

Thanks
Murthy