All,

It is with great pleasure that we (OpenSAF Foundation) announce the
formal launch of the OpenSAF project. As most of you probably know by
now that the OpenSAF Foundation was formally launched on the 22nd of
January. With this launch the OpenSAF code-base was re-issued under the
LGPLv2.1 license. I am sure most of you have probably checked out the
website but there is also probably a lot of questions in your mind about
how to participate, engage etc. We the Technology Leadership Council of
the OpenSAF Foundation have tried to provide a lot of information by
anticipating your questions in the various FAQs that can be found on the
main opensaf.org website as well as the developer portal which is also
accessible at http://devel.opensaf.org. Please read the FAQs and let us
know if you have any further questions, queries, doubts etc.

As with any other OpenSAF project the primary means of engaging in the
project would be via e-mail reflectors. As a starter we have a few
mailing lists like the users@list.opensaf.org &
[EMAIL PROTECTED] that you could leverage to interact with
community. Please feel free to ask questions.

There is another mailing list for the developers called
[EMAIL PROTECTED] which is not shown in the main opensaf.org
website but is open to everybody as long as one signs the "Individual
Participation and Contribution License Agreement"  and faxes it to the
foundation and can be found under the "useful links" section in the link
termed the "contributor agreement". If you plan to contribute to the
OpenSAF project in any capacity like code, documentation, scripts, tools
that aid development it would be advisable to become an official OpenSAF
Developer by following the due process and is described in
http://devel.opensaf.org/wiki/TechnicalFAQ.

You are also encouraged to review the draft Roadmap as can be found on
the OpenSAF developer's portal
(http://devel.opensaf.org/wiki/DraftRoadmap) and provide feedback on the
features as well as suggest changes and volunteer for contribution.
Suggestions for newer items for the roadmap are always welcome. Even
better if such requests are backed by a contribution plan.

You are highly encouraged to review the various OpenSAF technical
documents including the OpenSAF Development Process
(http://devel.opensaf.org/wiki/Technical_Development_Process), the
OpenSAF Developer's Guide (http://devel.opensaf.org/wiki/DevelGuide) and
the OpenSAF Contribution Guidelines
(http://devel.opensaf.org/wiki/Handbook) and provide comments,
suggestions and clarifications.

Again feel free to ask questions and hopefully together we'll be able to
make this project a big success ...

Regards
Sayan