Very probably a naive question....

My Service Group is N-Way active and contains 2 SUs both containing a single
component with X_ACTIVE_AND_Y_STANDBY capability.

When I start OpenSAF on the first payload the component receives a CSI
Assignment with HA State = ACTIVE.
When I start OpenSAF on the second payload the component registers ok but
then does not receive any assignment at all, hence no HA state assignment.

For the component I have:

        <capability>X_ACTIVE_AND_Y_STANDBY</capability>
        <numMaxActiveCSIs>2</numMaxActiveCSIs>
        <numMaxStandbyCSIs>2</numMaxStandbyCSIs>

For the SG I have:

      <redundancyModel>
        <model_NWayActive>
             <SURankList>
              <SU       SUName="safSu=my_su1,safNode=PL_2_3" rank="1"/>
              <SU       SUName="safSu=my_su1,safNode=PL_2_4" rank="2"/>
             </SURankList>
          <numPrefInserviceSUs>2</numPrefInserviceSUs>
          <numPrefAssignedSUs>2</numPrefAssignedSUs>
          <maxActiveSIsperSU>2</maxActiveSIsperSU>
          <failbackOption>0</failbackOption>
        </model_NWayActive>
      </redundancyModel>

Why does the SU on the second payload not receive any workload and HA state?

Thanks

John