Hi Dietmar,

The CA functionality of CipherMail is limited. For example the root certificate is generated and then the intermediate CA is generated. Unfortunately only the root certificate is stored. There were various reasons for this, some historic. When we improve the CA we will fix this. Unfortunately at the moment you need to generate a new CA. if you want to keep the root, its best to generate one externally (for example with openssl) and then import the root certificate and intermediate (with private key). You can the use the CA to generate end user certs.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers