On 08/11/2015 12:16 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:35:04 +0200
Heinz Diehl wrote:

F22, in short: first running "dnf --refresh upgrade" shows some new
packets. Then "dnf clean all" followed by "dnf --refresh upgrade"
shows the same packets to be updated, and *some more*.

Last Sunday, I've had a case, where I resorted to
rm -rf /var/cache/dnf
because neither "dnf clean all" nor "dnf --refresh" seems to have worked.

No matter what I did dnf seems have refetched the same outdated mirror presenting me the same updates.

I don't think that's new with dnf. I've seen similar from yum.
Well, IIRC, in its infancy yum has had similar issues.
The common work around was to "yum clean metadata", then.

Barring the fact Fedora mirrors seem to be broken quite often, these day, with dnf, the situation seems to have worsened. AFAICT, it doesn't correctly validate metadata and/or seems to prefer to refetch broken/outdated/dead mirrors.

It all depends on which mirrors it picked to get the data
from and the timing of mirrors getting updated.
Which only means one thing - What I wrote above ;)

Ralf