On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Rick Stevens <ri...@alldigital.com> wrote:

> On 11/04/2015 12:51 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
>
>> On 11/04/2015 11:59 AM, Mark Haney wrote:
>>
>>> I'm a relative newbie to Nginx, but I've got a problem that I can't
>>> quite figure out.  I need to redirect URLS with this:
>>>   /resource-library/ (ie domain.com/resource-library
>>> <http://domain.com/resource-library>) to this:
>>> domain.com/vif-resource-library <http://domain.com/vif-resource-library>
>>> and I'm having trouble finding good examples on how to set this up in
>>> nginx.
>>>
>>> Can someone point me in the right direction?  I wouldn't have any
>>> problem spending hours working on this, except I don't have the time to
>>> do so.  This is a known problem since Monday and I'm just now made aware
>>> of it and the powers that be want it fixed now.
>>>

>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> nginx has a very responsive list.  The devs are always on there
>>

> You could do:
>
>         server {
>             listen 80;
>             location /resource-library/ {
>                 rewrite ^(/.*)$ http://domain.com/vif-resourse-library$1
> permanent;
>             }
>         }
>
> That should generate a 301 (permanent) redirect. WARNING: Not tested!

You ever notice how, when you ask for help, not 2 minutes later, while
waiting for an answer, you find the answer you had spent all that time
looking for before posting a question?  Well, that's what happened to me.

Rick, your answer was right on the money. I just stumbled across a similar
configuration completely by accident.  And yes, it works.  Thanks!

Mark Haney ::: Senior Systems Engineer
*VIF* International Education
P.O. Box 3566 ::: Chapel Hill, N.C. 27515 ::: USA
919-265-5006 office

Global learning for all.
www.vifprogram.com
<http://www.vifprogram.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=VIF>