Am 13.02.2016 um 01:49 schrieb stan:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:25:54 -0500
Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com> wrote:

[snip]

I did a web search and found someone recommending sox for amr
conversion.  I've used sox for batch conversions in the past, it's
really handy for that.

There was mention of another conversion program that handled amr
(mik???), but I hadn't heard of it before so recommended sox instead.

amr support for sox (amr-nb and amr-wb) is in sox-plugins-nonfree, which you can install from the the RPM Fusion nonfree repo:
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-23.noarch.rpm.

BTW, audacity-freeworld loads an amr-wb file quite well for me, so your crashes might have other reasons. Perhaps this thread about audacity crashes might help:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2015-August/464231.html

Robert might try removing ~/.audacity-data.